Specialising in complex Conversion & Upgrade projects. A comprehensive range of facilities and experienced management and workforce can deliver your project from concept to completion.
Cammell Lairds undertake numerous, repair, dry-docking and engineering projects annually on every type of vessel, ranging from the largest passenger ship to the smallest dredger. These projects can be accommodated afloat or in dock as necessary.
Complex refits are also undertaken on a regular basis on a variety of vessels including specialist offshore vessels, passenger and freight ferries, military auxiliaries, all types of cargo ships and specialist research and support craft.
The strategic location on the west coast of the UK requires minimal deviation from Atlantic and Channel Trades and is ideally placed to deal with the continually increasing traffic generated by the Port of Liverpool and the Irish Sea.
The Group have the full array of skills and facilities to deal with any type requirement including:
- Aluminium, steel repairs and renewals.
- Manufacture, and installation of replacement or new cargo handling equipment such as stern doors, vehicle ramps, mezzanine decks and lifts.
- Main and Auxiliary Engine strip down and over-haul.
- Ancillary machinery equipment repairs/renewals.
- Deck machinery equipment repairs, renewals and testing.
- Steering gear, shafting and propulsion machinery repairs and renewals.
- Blasting, coating and material preservation.
- Offshore equipment mobilisation installations.